Confessions of a Journalism Major

My photo
A collection, or portfolio if you will, of stories and articles written for various journalism classes, as well as insights to being a journalism major

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hands On Experience


These photos are for a story I am currently working on for my advanced reporting class. I am doing a profile on Karla Garcia, a former competitor on the reality show "So You Think You Can Dance." She is currently a contemporary dance teacher. As part of my reporting, I decided to take one of her classes to add some color to the story.


I used to dance (16 years of ballet!) and took a contemporary class this past summer at my hometown studio. However, I haven't seriously studied dance for about four years now. Going into her class, I didn't know what to expect. It turned out that it wasn't as difficult as I had thought it would be, though it certainly wasn't a walk in the park either. I was glad that I brought my camera along so I could escape some difficult choreography.


The full, finished story and more pictures should be posted here soon. It will also be on Fameology.net. Also, if you like what you see/read about Karla, check out her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment